what can I do about cronic pain after having my shoulder manipulated under anesthesia

I had rotator cuff surgery in Feb. Even after extensive physical therapy my shoulder froze up. I had it manipulated five days ago, and the pain is becoming more severe and constant. Could there be something else wrong?

Thanks for your question and welcome to EmpowHer!

I'm sorry that you are still in such pain, three months after surgery. But difficulties and complications can arise in up to 10% of patients after rotator cuff surgery so you are not alone.

According to the American Association of Orthopedic Surgeons, these complications can be:

Nerve injury
Deltoid detachment
Torn tendons

You may need to consider calling your orthopedic doctor or surgeon to let him/her know how much pain you are in.

Have you seen any improvement at all? How old are you - complications arise the older the patient is - but three months after the procedure, this kind of severe pain is not common. Please consider placing a call to your doctor to see if you have a torn tendon or a nerve injury or any of the other complications listed.

Also - what has your physical therapist said about your pain and lack of progress?

Frozen Shoulder