What can I do about my IBS symptoms?

By Anonymous December 28, 2011 - 7:54pm

I have bloating, gas I mean extreme gas and its making me very sick im always upset and feel like vomiting I also have diarrhea some days then constipation the others. Please help.

Welcome to EmpowHER.  It's not clear as to what causes IBS.  Treatment is more on the relief of symptoms.  Some symptoms are treated by learning how to manage stress and making changes in your diet and lifestyle.  Some things that your doctor might suggest can be Fiber supplements, Anti-diarrheal medications, Eliminating high-gas foods, Antibiotics or two specific medications for IBS are Alosetron and Lubiprostone.

Here's a link that might be helpful on IBS

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Irritable Bowel Syndrome Guide