What can I do for my leaky bladder?

I'm menopausal .. Does that contribute to it? I sneeze, laugh or cough and oops...its embarrassing! Please help.

Thank you for your response! This site is very helpful. Can you just tell me 3 or 4 things available for women who have a leaky bladder? I hear botox can help?? What other things are there women like me can use to stop the embarrassing oops.... I've wet my pants!!

Hi again Anon! 

Yes - Botox is being used for this condition, you can talk to your doctor about your options. 

Also, there is surgery available to correct this, insertion of a pessary or medications that can help. 

Using an adult pad will help to avoid wetting your pants too, as well as limiting coffee, timing your bathroom trips and not drinking too much at one time, 

Our age does have an impact on our bladder - very much so! 

But there are ways to circumvent this.  Menopause and the hormonal fluctuations certainly affect the bladder's strength. 

We have a great article about this on our site that you should read - click here :  http://www.empowher.com/community/share/post-menopause-urinary-incontinence-issues

Please let us know what you think about your options when you finish reading! 

Bladder Prolapse