Facebook Pixel
EmpowHER Guest

what can i use for vaginal dryness is there such a thing as a e ring for this

By Anonymous December 25, 2009 - 9:18pm
Rate This

Add a Comment1 Comments

HERWriter Guide

Dear Anon

Thanks for your question!

There are a few options for vaginal dryness. Some are lubricants that you can find at any drugstore or pharmacy. Other options are creams and vaginal inserts like Estriol cream or the insert Vagifem.

The ring you are talking about comes in a few different brand names like Estring and Femring.

Aside from lubricants (like KY Jelly or Astroglide) most of these options are available by prescription so you would need to go to your health care provider first. And do remember that they contain hormones. You will need to weigh the pros and cons of adding these hormones to your body (including the risks to breast and heart health) before you decide what is best for you.

It's also a good idea to make sure that your vaginal dryness does not have an underlying reason that is not connected to the hormone levels in your body.

Does this information help you?

December 26, 2009 - 6:49am
Enter the characters shown in the image.
By submitting this form, you agree to EmpowHER's terms of service and privacy policy
Add a Comment

All user-generated information on this site is the opinion of its author only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions. Members and guests are responsible for their own posts and the potential consequences of those posts detailed in our Terms of Service.