What can it possibly be?

By Anonymous February 25, 2016 - 5:06am

Hello!I'm 17 years old. My period is late and about 5 days I had a nosebleed everyday. I had sex almost 3 months ago and 2 periods since then, and 2 negative pregnancy tests. Now my menstrual cycle is irregular about 2 months it was 30-32 and before it was 28 days. Now is 36 day and period is not showing, I have Pms symptoms but nothing.

Thank you Susan!
It's already 39 days and no period, what's you advice? What are the maximum days when a period can come?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Women can go for months, even years without having a period. There is no maximum day for a delayed period.
Signs of problems include prolonged, frequent or extremely heavy bleeding.
Keep in mind that you can have a perfectly healthy reproductive system without having regular periods.
If you wish to have a regular period and you do not have any abnormalities doctors usually recommend you take birth control as a hormonal treatment.

You're not pregnant since you are having regular periods every month and negative pregnant tests. Women do not get regular menstrual periods when pregnant. Your symptoms are likely PMS as you said so your period should be along soon.

Read more about irregular periods here: http://www.empowher.com/menstrual-cycle/content/what-s-deal-irregular-periods

Since you are irregular, it's even more vital for your to always use protection when you have sex.