what causes the burning sensation and pain in my nipples?

I am 46 yo. I have all female organs still and have never had children. I have not started the perimenopause era. I am having problems with thyroid and have also had a very difficult battle with MRSA but this was in the sinuses. The pain is severe at times. my breast look no different, the burning occurs in both breasts. There seems to be no swelling or discharge. The pain is sometimes helped by removing my bra but it does not go away. This concerns me because I am dealing with so many other health things at this time.

Hi Anonymous

Thank you for your post and I'm sorry you're experiencing so much pain.

Nipple pain/burning sensations can be caused by allergies or irritations caused by clothing or washing detergents and since it's less painful for you when you remove your bra, this may be the case. However, removing your bra may just help alleviate symptoms that have nothing to do with clothing/detergents/allergies. 

But other things can also cause this kind of pain. There is a condition known as paresthesia that causes pain and burning sensations in any area of the body.

The cause may also be hormonal. You may actually be entering the perimenopausal stage now, even though you feel you are not.

For a diagnosis, you will have to see a doctor but I hope these suggestions help.

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide