What causes a foul during sex?

I had a hysterectomy in 1981, I was 28 years old and had 3 children. My husband and I had been married for 12 years. During the 90's my husband said I had an odor so bad it almost made him sick. I didn't notice it. He says that was caused, according to the Bible, because I had the sperm of 2 men inside me. Until March 2015, I have never been unfaithful to my husband. Even from March- April there wasn't a sexual intercourse. Could it be that the odor was because I was maybe going through menopause anyway and had no estrogen in my system? They had me on Estradiol and my body just couldn't handle it, so I just quit estrogen altogether. If you can give me some feedback on this I would be so grateful. I'm at my wits end.
Thank you,
Marty Little

Hi Marty!

Your husband's ignorance is over-whelming so we'll just have to leave that alone. By the way there is nothing in the bible that says this. Even if there was, it's because the men who wrote the bible had no idea what they were talking about. This is an attempt and shaming and controlling females, something many old religious books are full of.

Your issue is likely to be hormonal. We have heard from many women who say that they smell awful when they have sex after a hysterectomy. One woman put is as "it smells like something died up there." Women have also spoken about smelling differently after menopause in general.

I'd like to you talk to your doctor about a treatment for this but also take a look at our very busy section on this exact issue:

Let us know what you think?

Menopause Guide