ask: What causes light pink mentrual bleeding?

My period has been pretty regular since 2006 coming every 25-28 days. It usually lasts 7 days and is very heavy and dark red. My last two periods were different, one lasting 5days with brown spotting and the most recent was light pink and heavy but only lasted two days.

Anonymous

hi I'm 17 and my period was really weird this month I'm not on any form of birth control but I do have a regular period every month apart from this month I had very very light bleeding on two days past expected period then the morning after I woke up to see a thin brown line in my panty liner it got a tiny bit heavier to darkish pink the next day on day 2 the next day it had completely stopped why??

Anonymous

Hi well I was supposed to start my period yesterday which I did but it was a really really light brown then a light light pinkish color then today it was a dark brown and red color and then back to pink I normally have a heavy flow with it just being deep dark red . What could this mean anyone please help

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Our menstrual cycles can change from month to month, even out of the blue. This is nothing to be concerned about in general, especially when it comes to the flow or color of our periods. It often depend on the amount of lining of the uterus that we shed. 

Your period this month does not sound worrisome and will likely turn into a regular flow within a day or two. 

Anonymous

I am in hospital and I am having pain in my stomach like stomach like something is pulling from my belly now the I am menstruating light pink blood like a medicine

I'm sorry you're not feeling well - since you are in hospital, have your medical team talk with you.

Anonymous

I can't figure out what's going on with me....last month I had a weird period. It would start out pink and watery then get heavy for like 5 days then stop. But then it started up again the week after the same way I couldn't figure it out. The whole time I was sick in the morning, cramping, pain in my abdomen, hot flashes, exc. But now....I haven't got my period this month and the same symptoms are popping up hot flashes, feeling sick, pain in my abdomen, cramping, gas exc...I took a pregnancy test but it came out negative...I don't know what to do.

It sounds like you may have some kind of hormonal imbalance. How old are you? 

This is something that warrants a doctor visit.

I'm 25 years old and I have Epilepsy and a seizure disorder.

Hi again Anon

I suggest you see your doctor. You are having symptoms that may be due to a hormonal imbalance and your doctor can get you treated. 

Will you keep us posted?

Anonymous

I haven't got my period yet but I noticed that there is light pink streaks on my liner. Is this my period? BTW I am only 11.

How much money annually do you spend on health and wellness products?: