Kidney Disease

ask: what causes a right kidney inferior pole hyperintense lesion?

An MRI detected this lesion and I am getting an Ultrasound asap. What are the implications...what is the treatment and prognosis. I can't find any explanation of this condition on the internet. Please let me know asap as I just got this info today and am very concerned.

DaisyN Guide

Hope for the best too. Please keep us posted.

Daisy

DaisyN Guide

Welcome to EmpowHER.  A lesion is an area that has been identified as abnormal tissue. The problem is, without further testing and diagnosis a kidney lesion can mean anything from "nothing to worry about" to "very serious". A kidney lesion can either be benign or malignant.  Hyperintense lesions are bright, white spots shown on certain types of magnetic resonance imaging (MRI) scans.

Daisy

Anonymous (reply to DaisyN)

Just want to thank you for responding so quickly. I have an appointment for an ultrsound on 10/13...am hoping for the best results!