What could be wrongg?

By October 30, 2012 - 12:52pm

About a week and a half ago i had protected sex and i noticed my period didnt come. Well three days ago i had unprotected sex and two days after i started bleeding and had symptoms of a bladder infection and it wasnt like my period. It was very light with few cramps and it only lasted for one day. Well now i have cramps in my lower back and on my left side and it shoots down my leg. Im having some heart burn and im really gassy. Im not sure what could be wrong.

Hi Elizabeth

It's too early to know if you are pregnant if you had unprotected sex three days ago, although a bladder infection can sometimes cause blood in the urine - this may have been the case with you if you had drops of urine in your underwear.

Your pain sounds like it could be a nerve issue with your back, called sciatica. You could also have a stomach virus.

See a doctor if you are not feeling better within a few days.