Hyperthyroidism

Hyperthyroidism Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: What to do after thyroid radiation therapy

By divvydog

I'm crazier than before when I was hyperthyroid. Are there supplements that can be taken to help the symptons of the slowly dying thyroid? I'm already gaining weight, but my shakes, mind and anxiety are more active than before. Can I help myself?

Anonymous

Thank you for your question and I am very sorry to hear about your pains associated with your radiation therapy. After doing some research, I found that anxiety and depression are very common after thyroid treatments. Here is a great website that I found regarding dealing with depression:

Mental Health and thyroid disease
http://www.mentalhealth.com/mag1/p51-thyr.html

Here is another website I found about how to lose weight with thyroid disease:

http://thyroid.about.com/cs/dietweightloss/a/losingweight.htm

Are you currently taking any medications? Have you spoken to your physician about your symptoms?