what do i do if the condom breaks while spotting?

By November 14, 2011 - 10:47am

I've been spotting and decided to have sex. The condom broke but my bf didn't ejaculate how worried should I be or what precautions should I take?

Hi vslv92

I'm not quite sure what you mean about "spotting". Do you normally spot during the month (some women do)? Or does this happen only at certain times - if so, what times of the month?

If you are absolutely sure there was no ejaculate whatsoever, then you may be fine but to be sure, taking an emergency birth control pill might be a good idea. It needs to be taken within the 5 day period after sex but the sooner the better.

Good luck and thanks for writing!

I mean my period was coming to an end and it was a very light flow

HERWriter Guide (reply to vslv92)

Hi again vslv92

Thanks for your update. The same advice I gave above will stand.

Relationships & Family

Relationships & Family Guide