What to do when I've changed birth control and started mistakenly with placebo?

By Anonymous April 16, 2013 - 6:32am

I am travelling at the moment and ran out of my regular oral contraception pill, when I visited the doctor the brand I used was not sold here so he prescribed me with a new one. I was due to recommence taking my pill the same day, however I started with the placebo tablet and have taken it for a full week...I am now on day 2 of the actual pill containing the oestrogen! However this means that I have been 14 days free from taking the pill....I'm not sure what to do ? Do I keep taking the roll for the remainder of the month? Do I stop ? Please can somebody help as I am I. A relationship and have had unprotected sex twice in this week

You should call a pharmacist to make sure but two pill free week in a row can definitely cause ovulation. Keep taking your pills and use a back up form of contraception for at least 7 days if you have sex.

Your cycle should regulate in the next month but you do need to use protection for at least 7 days.