Hypothyroidism

Hypothyroidism Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: What does it mean if your body tempature is below normal

jntnfamily

I have also always had a low 'normal' temperature as did a great niece of mine. Several doctors have said it isn't possible, but I know it is. I also have had diagnoses of Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, Fibromyalgia, and Arthritis. I also get sick very easily and read today for the first time that research is being done to look at Endometriosis as an auto-immune situation. ??!! It makes sense, I think. I believe the first three diagnoses I mentioned are related and would love to find others who have similar issues to compare coping and medical assistance found.

A body temperature of 96 to 98 is usually considered normal, and a temperature below 95 may be unsafe...but it depends on many factors.

If your temperature is 95 degrees, and you have confirmed this with either different thermometers or at different times (meaning: it is a persistent temperature), you can also take a rectal temperature to get the most accurate reading to confirm.

I am unsure if you have any additional medical conditions, and this is something you would want to mention as a symptom. There are some medical conditions associated with persistent low body temperature:
* Hypothyroidism
* Diabetes
* Liver or kidney failure
* Infection
* Endocrine dysfunction
* Side effect of certain medications
* Excessive alcohol or drug use
(source: Go Ask Alice)

Anonymous (reply to Alison Beaver)

Is peri menopause or menopause on the list as well??