what does it mean when you get your period twice in a month?

By Anonymous December 31, 2014 - 1:03am

I missed my period in November but I got it the first week in December. Now I got it again on the 31st of December and its light bleeding and my period only last about 4 days. What could that be.

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for coming to us for help.

Depending on your age, this could be a sing of perimenopause. Fluctuations in estrogen levels lead to irregular periods. Some women enter this phase in their reproductive lives as early as their late 40s.

If you are younger than that and this happens again, consult your gynecologist to rule out a hormonal imbalance of another sort.