What happens if you miss 5 pills in the first week and then take all five

I forgot to take my pill 5 days in the first week. I had sex twice during this time. When I remembered about my pill I took all at one time. Does this mean I can get pregnant?

im having the same problem...except i didnt take a whole weeks worth of pills at once. i waited till the next sunday to start the pack, which was the sunday that just past and today i had unprotected sex today. does that 1 pill that i took on sunday help provent pregnancy?

Why did you take 5 birth control pills at once? This was not a safe practice - you should have followed the directions on your pill packet exactly which probably said to throw our your old pill packet and start a fresh packet from scratch. It depends on what kind of pill you are taken though.

Due to taking so many at once you may experience nausea, vomiting and break through bleeding. Your best bet is to call your health care provider and seek advice. Taking 5 pills together like this is not a good idea and is not listed as a method of making up missed pills on any birth control pill.

Does this mean you can get pregnant? Yes, missing five pills in a row means you increase you risk of ovulation which increases your risk of pregnancy. You will have to wait it out until your period comes and take a pregnancy test to make sure. Then ensure that if you do miss this amount of medication again, you use a backup method like condoms.

I hope this helps - good luck!