What happens if you wipe semen of with a towel?

By November 28, 2014 - 7:20pm

My boyfriend and I are trying to be intimate and I was wondering what happens if he wipes his semen of with a towel? Is it a risk for him to put his penis back inside me? Would the sperm still be alive? We just want to be extra careful.

How can I tell if I'm ovulating?
I counted from the days of my last period and so far it has been 12 days counting from the first day it started. Am I ovulating yet?

HERWriter Guide (reply to sunshine94)

Hi sunshine94

Another person cannot tell you if you are ovulating. 

Most women ovulate between days 10 and 20 of their cycle, with the average day being day 14.  Since sperm can live inside the body for up to 5 days, it's unwise to having unprotected sex on these days. 

Here is a video that can help you more-

Hi sunshine94

It sounds like you are planning for sexual activity and want to be careful so that's a good thing! 

Wiping off a penis with sperm with a towel will work if you are absolute sure that the entire penis was cleaned 100%. Placing the penis back inside isn't a good idea. 

Since you are planning this - simply use condoms. Any man who won't use them isn't looking out for your best interests no matter what excuse they have, especially the 'I'm too big" or "allergic" excuse! There is a condom for everyone. 

Otherwise you'll be back here in a month asking the same questions we get here every day - Am I Pregnant?

So use condoms and you will just fine. Good for you for being responsible!