What health risks do I face from sitting in a chair all day long?

I work at a desk, sitting in a chair all day long! I've already noticed my posture is becoming increasingly worse. What long term health risks do I face from being sedentary all day long? I've read a greater chance for diabetes, high LDL cholesterol, heart disease and obesity. Not mention your mental clarity becomes foggy. Any tips to help reduce these health risks?

Sitting all day had been linked to obesity and lack of physical fitness, including cardio health due to lack of movement for so many hours. 

Make sure you exercise 30-60 minutes per day to counteract this. 

Posture is also a factor, as you mentioned. We tend to slouch at our desks and this kind of slumping is bad for your back, neck, shoulders and even legs. If you can't get out for your walk during the work day, here are some exercises you can do in your office to burn up some calories: 

Since neck and back pain can be an issue, here are some great exercises you can do to avoid this kind of damage: 

For mental clarity, make sure you take your eyes off the screen, interact with colleagues face-to-face and take breaks. Eat healthfully and get some fresh air!

I hope this helps you!