what hospital does the most ablations for atrial flutter in the U.S.

By February 1, 2010 - 1:38pm

I need to have an ablation and the more I read the worse it gets.

Hi luckford - I can understand why you would be scared about having this procedure, and am glad you're seeking more information. One resource that has been very helpful to me personally in dealing with medical matters has been patient support groups, both online and in person. I've also found having a better understanding of what to expect in procedures has helped ease anxieties.

You may want to consider contacting your local chapter of the American Heart Association to ask for support group suggestions. You may also find the HeartHub website helpful. It's a patient portal from the American Heart Association with a lot of online tools, videos and information. http://www.hearthub.org/

The University of Michigan Health System provides a lot of information about their services online, and you can find information for patients here:

Is this information helpful? Do you have additional questions? If so, just let us know, and best wishes for successful treatment and recovery.

Dear luckford

To get the information you want, you may need to contact the hospitals themselves but I do know that the Cleveland Clinic, Mayo Clinic and Cedars-Sinai in L.A. perform these services in large numbers.

Where are you located?

When you say that the more you read, the worse it gets - can you explain what this means? Have you read some horror stories about the procedure itself or of the hospitals who provide the services?

Please answer some of my questions and we'd love to hear you further- we look forward to helping you!

As of now I have an April appointment at the university of Michigan hospital. Dr. Oral is going to do it. I live in Toledo, Ohio. I've read about bleeding, strokes , heart attacks and even that the ablation may do nothing for me. Then I have to take Warfarin. I tried taking it before and it made me so sick and now I have to take it after the procedure for a long time. I will be a sickly mess as long as I am on this. Plavix is not an option. I'm scared, my husband and kids are scared but I know I have to have it done!