What is the likelihood of being pregnant?

I started a new brand of birth control pills in the beginning of June. I recently came back from a vacation that lasted about 2 weeks. I stopped taking my birth control pill on the third week, so I had 5 active pills remaining before my 7 sugary pills. I had unprotected sex throughout those 2 weeks. I started bleeding 8 days later.

What is the likelihood that I can be pregnant, even though I'm bleeding now? I don't know if it's my period because this bleeding started off super light pink, then stopped for a few hours and then came back to a brownish color and then started bleeding a darker red. My periods usually start off bright red.

Hi Missie,

I wasn't supposed to stay on my vacation for that long, but didn't take my whole pack of BC for that reason.

My period/bleeding ended today. I've heard woman say they have had periods while they're pregnant. Which is why I asked because I wasn't sure what the possibility of being pregnant would be for me.

Thank you for your questions. You certainly risk pregnancy if you are no longer taking the birth control pills. I am not sure why you stopped taking them? Are you trying to get pregnant?

If you are bleeding, this is a great sign of not being pregnant even if it is not the same color of blood, per say. This is still your period. If you still have concern, you can try a pregnancy test for reassurance.

Good luck, Missie