What is the likelihood of getting pregnant if my cycles have been 37 days apart for 2 months.

By Anonymous February 27, 2012 - 9:25am

I went off birth control end of november 2011, missed dec period. Got a period in Jan. A week late, Jan 20th and got a period Feb 25th. !? Why so late!?

Iwas on ortho novum 1/35. I was always 28 days and very regular. Once in a while I'd miss but I think b.c of stress lwted things in my life. I had a feeling it might take a while to get my body regulated due to I was on birth control for 10 years. ;) thanks for commenting back.

Hi Anonymous

Some women take a few months to become regular on their natural cycle, after coming off a cycle that has been hormonally regulated. Or you may have an irregular cycle in general - is this the case with you?

Give your cycle anther couple of months and then talk to your doctor, although what's considered a "normal" monthly cycle is anywhere from 21 days to about 35 days so you are not too far off the regular path.

What kind of birth control were on you? That can also make a difference in terms of getting back on a regular monthly cycle.