ask: What is the likliness of a 20 year old female having a heart attack?

- 2o year old female
- had an EKG done recently and they said it came backgood
- was at hospital for chest pain they said it was chest wall pain, but now it feels like im having sharp pains in my back (top of my back)
- but feels like i was having some pain in the neck at the side i don;t know if its bc im thinking of it bc they said if any signs liek that occured to go to ER again or call 911
- also have anxiety/panic attacks

Anonymous

I'm a 20 year old female.. experiencing some chest pain right in the center of my chest and I had some pain radiate down my right arm. I started feeling a bit nauseous and tired later on. The pain lasted maybe 5 minutes and then went away. I didn't go to the ER. There is family history of heart problems. But could I just be over thinking it?

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Some people your age do have heart problems - some of them genetic so it's not a stretch to think something may be wrong, However, heart disease at your age is not common at all. 

Do you ever suffer from panic attacks - these can very much mimic heart attacks as can serious bouts of heartburn. 

If this happens again, I think you should consult your doctor. Just to be on the safe side. 

Anonymous

I woke up with chest pain under my breast and i feel i can't hold my grip and my arm hurts alot and my ear and eyes feel like an elephant sitting on them and headache what can it be ??

Maryann Gromisch RN Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Are you still having these symptoms? If you do and they have worsened, call your primary care physician immediately or get someone to drive you to the ER of your local hospital.

Regards,

Anonymous

I am 20 years old. I woke up one morning and started my basics routine. Take mY morning vitamins and get up for the day. Well 5 days ago I woke up with excutiating pain. The pain resides center/left under my breast and radiates into my left arm mainly around my elbow. I went to the er two days after it started (after my night of working and I started feeling shirt of breath and nauseated.) And the hooked me to leads. The nuts came in and started pressing on my side an asked me to move my arm and such. Of course my arm will hurt if the pain is radiating there. She claimed to believe it was an inflamation o my chest wall. They ran an EKG and did a chest x-ray. Didn't even tell me if it came back clean.

I have a co edition called pcos. I'm on 3 prescribed thing already. (Metformin, folic acid, previfem) about a month ago I was on oxycodone and premethazine for a massive tooth abscess.

Currently at this very moment. My pain still exists under my left breast radiating into my left arm and stopping at my left elbow. And in between my shoulder blades. Any idea what it it could actually be. The diagnosed me with chest wall pain. I'm on clataflam now for it.. And its not doing a thing.

Anonymous

Hello, I am 20 year old female. I recently went to ER with chest pain and a heart rate of 114. They did a chest X-ray, blood work, urine, and an EKG. Everything came back clean. I went to my doctor the following day. Got another EKG and more blood/urine. EKG was fine and still waiting on blood work. I have a family history of heart problems and was born with an innocent murmur. I am not taking 25mg of beta-blockers every evening. Any thoughts as my doctor seems clueless. Thanks in advance.

After reading your post, I think the comments and information given below can also be of help to you. Since there is nothing wrong with any tests, it could be due to stress or something else that the blood work may find. We can only provide general information for you for now. If you have more questions after your tests come back, please let us know! 

hi maam Susan,i have my niece who just recently was being hospitalize because she has a sudden hard breath and can not move her body.She is 14 years old.after her examinations,the result was clear only that,she has a hypertension.my question,is that possible for a 14 year-old teenage girl would have hypertension?she is not obese.she is skinny. thank u maam for giving time on my question.

Thanks for your post and I hope your niece is feeling better. 

Unfortunately yes, it's possible for children to have hypertension and their weight may have nothing to do with it. Also remember that skinny does not mean healthy. A poor diet and lack of exercise can contribute to hypertension too. She may not be eating enough or the food that she is eating has poor nutrition. 

Your niece may have an underlying condition that is causing this high blood pressure. 

Kidney or heart disease could be an issue, or something may be wrong with her thyroid. 

Make sure she is tested further to ensure her high blood pressure is not a symptom of something else. Please keep us posted! 

thank u very much for your very informative reply maam Susan. atleast now,we will be aware that any ages may have high blood pressure. And yes you may right that poor nutrition can caused it my niece family said they always eating salted and dried fish which most Filipinos fave dish.

Heart Attack

Heart Attack Guide

Christine Jeffries

Do you know the differences between heart attacks signs in men and women? :