Heart Attack

Heart Attack Guide

Christine Jeffries

ask: What is the likliness of a 20 year old female having a heart attack?

- 2o year old female
- had an EKG done recently and they said it came backgood
- was at hospital for chest pain they said it was chest wall pain, but now it feels like im having sharp pains in my back (top of my back)
- but feels like i was having some pain in the neck at the side i don;t know if its bc im thinking of it bc they said if any signs liek that occured to go to ER again or call 911
- also have anxiety/panic attacks

Anonymous

I was 19 just 4 months from turning 20 when i went to the hospital because of high blood pressure. I was 39 weeks pregnant. They told me they were going to induce that day but they kept me for 2 days before they finally had a C Section. The antibiotics and fluids they gave me during those two days filled my lungs and caused heart and kidney failure.

Anonymous

hi,
i'm 20 yr old girl .i've been having pain on the left side of my chest ,i can feel the pain right behind my left breast,its been just two days,i was asleep but due to severe pain i had to wake up in the middle of night.I wanna know what it could be,is it something related to coronary atery disease ?! or is it GERD??? (sry for poor lang)... plz help!

Susan Cody HERWriter Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Nothing is impossible but it's more likely to be GERD in a healthy 20 year old woman that heart disease.

However, GERD can be very hard on the body so you need an evaluation either way as we can't confirm what it is. Please call your doctor for an appointment and ask if it's a good idea to try some Zantac or other OTC medication for heartburn to see if it eases your discomfort.

Your symptoms are broad - do you have a history of heart disease? Or anxiety? Panic attacks can literally make people think it's their heart that is the issue.

With GERD, you should have heat in your chest and a burning sensation - do you have this? Let us know and we can advise your further. Also remember that while very unusual, young people can and do have heart issues so call your doctor if you get concerned in the meantime.

We look forward to hearing back from you,

i have shortness of breath, huge pain in the middle of my chest thats like fire burning. its radiating into my back, shoulders, and tops of arms. dizzy, very nauseous. i'm 20. is this a heartattack?

Anonymous

Hi , I have just turned 20, but I have been having pinching chest pain near the heart since a year, I was not sure about this but most of the people say that the ones who are under20 cannot have a heart disease but now the pain is increasing day by day, I feel very lazy and prefer taking rest all the time, I get fluctuating temperature on daily basis with increased sweating, frequent urination, daily headache, tremors and dizziness. To add I am a very sensitive person and I get frequent anxiety attacks. Please help with increased explanation.

Anonymous

Hey, I'm twenty and for about a two weeks or so my left upper inner arm has been hurting I cant describe the pain its sort of a dull sort of pain and burning at the same time and I havent lifted anything heavy and i get occasional sharp pains under my left breastbone and it feels rather tight, I also get tired whilst walking up the staris and I'm not overweight and I have developed a sharp pain inbetween my shoulder blades at the top and pain in the back of my neck that doesn't persist for long also the other day I felt as though I had indigestion.

Anonymous

Wow. They diagnosed me with costochondritis too. I'm a 20 year old female. I've had chest pains for a long time now probably 6 months. And the pain would leave me really scared and my head would go numb. Like blood would rush down. Then that pain moved on to my neck, like sharp, pulsating pains. And now I have pain in my arms, fingers, and legs. But specially my right Arm. I've taken blood tests and everything is normal for me. Even ekgs. I have trouble sleeping sometimes, and I wake up a lot in the middle of the night. I've taken anvil, ibuprofen, and tylenol but that doesn't really help. Does anyone know
what this is?

Thanks for your post! You can read more about Costochrondritis here: http://www.empowher.com/media/reference/costochondritis and you'll also read about treatment options.

Let us know if we can help further!
~Susan

Anonymous

I am 20 years old and i have been having panic attacks for the last 7 months. Recently i started having heart pain. It hurt for me to breath in. I went to the hospital and the ekg was fine but he said i had an arrythmia while i was there. I asked him if i should be worried and he said no, but you could die suddenly. I have been freaking out every since and my cardio appointment isnt untill 2 weeks from now. I cant tell if my dizzy and light headed symptoms are from my heart or from my panic. I'm so scared and I dont want to die.

Do you know the differences between heart attacks signs in men and women? :