What is the likliness of a 20 year old female having a heart attack?

- 2o year old female
- had an EKG done recently and they said it came backgood
- was at hospital for chest pain they said it was chest wall pain, but now it feels like im having sharp pains in my back (top of my back)
- but feels like i was having some pain in the neck at the side i don;t know if its bc im thinking of it bc they said if any signs liek that occured to go to ER again or call 911
- also have anxiety/panic attacks

Anonymous

Hi I'm a 20 year old female.
The past week I've been experiencing heavy chest pressure when I move or stretch at times and have been getting extremely strong waves of fatigue around the same time everyday day despite how much sleep I had (so bad that it feels like I can't stay awake because my body is shutting down). The past few days I've been experiencing strong feelings of doom, including dreams about suicide and a few chest pains.
I'm starting to get really worried and looked up the symptoms which resulted in a "heart attack" I'm not sure if that's it, I don't have trouble breathing or the feeling of say an elephant on my chest.

Any thoughts on what I should do?

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Consider scheduling an appointment with your primary care physician. Share your symptoms and thoughts.

This may be a manifestation of anxiety, but you want to rule out any underlying medical condition.

Keep in touch,

Anonymous

This is from a few monts ago bout ill post incase anybody else is worried
Hi im also 20 and i had chest pains when i excercised im 6 2 and about 175 pounds i was out of doing sports for about 2 years and only got back into them recently. I started execercising alot and i got shart pains in my chest for the first 2 months but i dont get them anymore its just when you get back into sports it happens i recon im able to run nearly 15 miles now so dont worry its nothing

Anonymous

Hi I'm a 20 year old female. I weight about 140. I used to be very active, i used to dance almost everyday for a few hours. I used to do track and cross country in high school so I ran a LOT. But after high school, I didn't run anymore or dance. A few months ago, I started feeling chest pains. Sometimes it only hurts for a few seconds and then goes away. Other times, the pain lasts for a few minutes. Then goes away. Sometimes its a sharp pain underneath my left breast and other times its a sharp pain above my left breast area. Also sometimes I feel like there's a pain in my left arm too. I had a panic attack a few weeks ago because I was stressing into thinking I was going to have a heart attack. I'm rreally scared. Every one of my friends tells me not to worry because chest pain is normal and everybody gets it. But it happens to me all the time and I don't wanna feel hurt. It just scares me because I never used to get chest pain when I danced or ran or anything. And now that I'm not exercising, I get it all the time?? It doesn't make any sense to me. Should I go to the doctor? My mom says I'm fine and that I worry too much. But im still concerned. I shouldn't worry yet I have chest pain and finger/arm pain?? Help please

You may have this chest pain due to inactivity so that when active, you feel this pain. This sometimes happens when an out of shape person starts exercising again.

You should get back into some kind of exercise regime - just 30 mins a day should be fine.

But you are a grown woman now and can see a doctor if you wish, regardless of what others say. I think you should talk to a doctor if it will help with your concerns.

Anonymous

Hi, i have been having pain in the middle chest and left area. It come and go, also whenever the pain starts it tend to last a few seconds to minutes and generally i am able to point to where the pain is. 5 days ago, when i bend over to pick something, i felt a muscle strain in my left chest and back area. During that time, the pain goes away quickly. After another 2 days i started feeling chest pain again. I was wondering if the chest pain is related to muscle. Occassionally, i also feel a tingly feeling in my left arm and a sharp pain in left back that ease with movement. I had also just recovered from costo 2 weeks ago. Sometimes my heart will be faster. But i am not sure if it is because of what i read on the internet.

Anonymous

Hi I'm 20 and I've been noticing irregular heart beats the past few weeks. I am 5'8 female and I weigh 156. I am concerned because I do not have a normal rhythm and I occasionally have chest pains. I can't lay on my left side at night because I start to develop chest pains. My rhythm sounds like: Lub dub Lub dub Lub dub and then a funky sound and it's repetitive. What do you think this could be? I'm stressing out about it and it makes my heart rate go up even more. I have an Echo appt In a few days.

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

I can appreciate your concern. You are doing the right thing by consulting a cardiologist or your primary care physician who ordered the echocardiogram.

Cardiac arrhythmias and heart sounds cannot be diagnosed over the internet, and I am certainly not qualified.

Relax, stressing is only compounding an accelerated heart rate.

Keep me posted once you have the test and result.

Anonymous

My name is yari I'm 22 with two children, I usually wake up every night with a jump and a racing heart some nights are usually worse. I once had my forehead feel extremely numb but decided not to go to the er because my family have a lot of history with anxiety. I can usually calm my heart down but it takes a lot. These seemed to pop up after I had my baby 7 months ago when delivering I had opted for an epidural the anesthesiologist seemed to have hit something they didn't throughly explain it and my blood pressure was raising or falling fast again they weren't explaining well I know I was falling out of consciousness and the nurse kept smacking me to keep me from going over soon I stabilized but I had to force my self extremely hard I had a lot of shoulder and chest pain and after I was on meds for a headache that felt like my skull was bring crushed but I didn't want to take them because I was breastfeeding so I had maybe one or two a day or else I couldn't do anything It felt bearable when I was laying but as soon as I stood up It felt impossible to even walk or see because how strong the headache was after I left the hospital I didn't take any pills for fear of any effects on baby it lasted 2 weeks before it subsided but it was excruciating my milk even dried up I leak clear liquid from my nose usually when I'm bending over or cleaning and that leads to a headache so I'm not sure what's happening to my body

Guide (reply to Anonymous)

Hello yari,

Welcome to EmpowHER and thank you for reaching out to us with your serious symptoms.

The headaches and clear liquid coming from your nose, especially if it does not resemble mucus, have me greatly concerned. I cannot say if they are in any way related to the epidural given during childbirth, but I do feel this is abnormal.

This clear liquid from your nose might be cerebral spinal fluid, which is a clear, colorless liquid that surrounds and protects the central nervous system and bathes the brain and spine in nutrients, eliminates waste products and cushions them to help prevent injury in the event of trauma.

I urge you to contact your primary care physician today. You need an appointment to be evaluated as soon as possible. I think an evaluation with a neurologist is necessary as well as diagnostic testing including an MRI if the skull and nasal endoscopy.

Please keep us updated.

Heart Attack

Heart Attack Guide