what might be causng pains around the breast and the armpit?

By January 26, 2015 - 11:48am

i am 33yrs, i started having this unusual pain under my left armpit and near my breast. its a sharp pain that comes and go. i am so scared because i don' know what it might be. Have tried check for symptoms of breast cancer but couldn't find it as one of it. Do i go for an ultra sound ? And at times both the breast and the armpit itches infact i had to stop using my anti perspirant deodorant.

Hi Jasper

Welcome to EmpowHER!

Generally, breast pain is not a sign of breast cancer. This can be due to a trauma to the area, fibrocystic breast tissue, certain medications and many other.

Pain in the armpit could be swollen nodes indicating a virus in your system. None of this is of concern, usually and should pass once the virus clears your system but if the discomfort does continue, you should see your doctor. He might suggest having a mammogram or breast ultrasound, to see what may be going on.  Standard mammograms include the armpits.  

I hope this helps! 

Breast Conditions

Breast Conditions Guide