What month did i get pregnant if I spotted the monthd before my missed period?

By October 12, 2014 - 3:42pm

I spotted in Sept, and missed my period in Oct. According to the test I took I am pregnant. I didn't think to take a test in Sept because I thought it was just a shorter period. Do you think I concieved in Aug was pregnant in Sept meaning I am 9 weeks along or that I concieved in Sept and am only 5 weeks pregnant?

Hi sheilanoelle

Your spotting in Sept may have been implantation bleeding, meaning you are pregnant since late Aug/Sept, depending on the dates. 

An ultrasound will let you know how far along you are, ask your doctor for one a little early since you're unsure of your dates. 

Have a happy and healthy pregnancy! 

this is embarrasing but is there a way to fin out the date? or at least the week? I slept with by boyfriend in august. we broke up and i started sleeping with an ex boyfriend the beginning of sept

There is no sure fire way other than an ultrasound. It'll be accurate enough for you to know the month. I'd keep the due date quiet until you can get that ultrasound done, so that you aren't put in an uncomfortable position. 

The only other way I can help is that if your Sept. spotting was literally -a few spots, then you may be pregnant in Sept. If you filled a tampon or pads, then this was more likely to be a period and you got pregnant in Oct. That's the best guess I can give you. Sorry I can't be of more help. Get that ultrasound ASAP.  And honestly, when necessary, is the best policy.