What is the possibility of me being pregnant if i missed two pills in the very first week of starting them?

By March 22, 2010 - 11:37am

Hi Lola Marie

The best way to look at these situations is that anytime a person misses her Pill, she raises her risk of being pregnant.

Since you missed your pills the very first time you started them, and in the first week, you may have raised your risk. For now, keep taking your pill and check the instructions on your pill packet about missing pills in the first week, or call their 1-800 #. Follow directions exactly. And don't forget to always carry condoms in case something like this happens again - this will save you a lot of worry!

We wish you the best!

Thank you for your reply, i was actually pretty ill with the side effects of taking my pill and thought it would have been the best thing to stop taking it altogether, so thats what i did.
I'm actually regretting it now because it was most deffenitley a very stupid thing to do, and i'm guessing that all i can do now is wait and do a test to see if i am infact pregnant. What would your advice be for me now in this position?

HERWriter Guide (reply to Lola_marie)

Hi again!

Unfortunately the only thing you can do is wait. When is your period due? You can test up to 5 days before your period is due - is that sometime soon?

No, not for another 2/3 weeks i started takin my pill on around the 3/4 day of my cycle which was almost 2 weeks ago now!
I thought i would be covered from pregnancy straight away, but unfortunately i missed two of my pills and then stopped taking them altogether because the side effects were pretty bad for me. It was pretty stupid of me, and i've made my boyfriend aware of the situation just so he knows but i think maybe all i can do is wait. What would you say the chances of me falling pregnant are?