what is the risk of a uthera sling

the reason why I'm asking these question is because I'm scare about it because I was ask to have one by my doctor

Thank you for writing to EmpowHER!

Mid-urethral slings have become the most common method to treat stress urinary incontinence (SUI). They are typically placed in under 30 minutes in an outpatient setting and are popular with both physician and patients due to the high cure rate, relative ease of placement, low complication rate and quick recovery.

However, there are risks to all procedures. We have an article that details the risk and benefits of these slings that you can read and remember you can get a second opinion if you are still feeling unsure. Please let us know if this helps-

Urinary Incontinence