What is a scheduled induction like for a first pregnancy?

By October 14, 2011 - 12:48pm

I am scheduled for an induction in two days at 5 a.m.- and will be 41 weeks. I saw the doctor yesterday and it turns out that I'm still sitting at 1cm and 80% thinned out after two weeks. My doctor is very vague about what is going to happen- so, I was wondering what the whole process is, and what I should expect when I check in.

An early congratulations! I did some research for you and this is what I have gathered. The first is a scheduled induction labor instruction sheet from the Women's Hospital Birth Center at the University of Michigan:
The second is information from the California Pacific Medical Center:
I hope that a nurse from the site where you will be induced contacts you to review how you should prepare and what to expect. If not, I hope this information has been helpful. Wishing you a safe delivery.

Labor & Delivery

Labor & Delivery Guide