Breast Cancer

Breast Cancer Guide

ask: what is survival rate of Invasive Ductal Carcinoma

Anonymous

breast cancer presentation today. Prevention is important, but I believe some of your future is just destiny. quebec marijuana

Anonymous

I made it! I focused on boosting immune system and prevention after that. It has been 6 years this month. I will be participating in a breast cancer presentation today. Prevention is important, but I believe some of your future is just destiny. best offers

Anonymous

If you follow all your doctor's orders before, during and after what is the cure rate with IBC

Anonymous

I had invasive ductal carcinoma. I had very dense breasts so it was not seen on my mammogram. Four months later while raising my arms I saw a flat spot. Only when raising arms. I was diagnosed with Stage 3 breast cancer and HER2 positive. 6 nodes were positive, 2 grossly positive (ruptured and into tissue). I had 28 lymphnodes removed and a lumpectomy. 12wks of intense chemo, 6 wks of radiation and 52 wks of IV therapty of herceptin. After 14 months, I made it! I focused on boosting immune system and prevention after that. It has been 6 years this month. I will be participating in a breast cancer presentation today. Prevention is important, but I believe some of your future is just destiny.

BonnieIBC

There doesn't have to be a lump to be cancer. IBC has sheets/nests within the breast tissue and skin. My type breast cancer is very rare Inflammatory BC and the statistics are 20-40% live to 5years. Well when I was diagnosed IBC it sounded like a death sentence, but as time went by and getting through treatments (chemo/mastectomy/radiation) I prepared for the worst but hoped for the best....I got my house in order and gave away all my things and made final arrangements, which doing this gave me a sense of peace about things...that was 4 years ago, thanks to the Lord.
Statistics change and we are all different, so try not to focus on the stats.

valery

I was diagnosed with IDC in 2001. Stage 1, found the lump during a monthly self exam. I had a modified radical mastectomy and 4 rounds of AC chemo. Went on tamoxifen for 4 years and have been cancer free for TEN years. I never ever miss my mammo and this year I was told to have a MRI also, had some pain. It was clear and the pain is most likely due to scar tissue from the reconstruction. Please to all my sisters, have your mammo. If you expect anything is abnormal with your body, get it checked out. Find a GYN that you can tell 'anything'. Make her your private friend, one that will listen to all your woes and pains. You never know when that one little lump, as mine was, is something other than a problem. I had cystic breasts, this felt different. Hard, didn't move around. Check those boobs. Val

Diane Porter

Hi, Anon. Welcome to EmpowHer, and thanks very much for your question.

As with all cancers, the survival rate changes depending on when the cancer is found (what stage it is in and whether it has spread to any lymph nodes), when treatment is started and how successful the treatment is for that particular patient (for instance, whether surgery produces clear margins). Two patients with identical cancers might have very different experiences depending on when it's found and when and how it's treated.

With Invasive Ductal Carcinoma, if it has not spread to the lymph nodes, the 5-year survival rate is about 98%. If it has spread to the lymph nodes, the 5-year survival rate is about 85%.

IDC is the most common kind of breast cancer; the Mayo Clinic says that about 70 percent of all breast cancers are IDC. It begins in the milk ducts and "invades" the tissue surrounding them. (Please know that that's an entirely different thing from when you hear that a cancer has spread to the lymph nodes or has metastasized.)

Here is some more information on IDC:

http://www.healthcentral.com/breast-cancer/types-36003-5.html

http://breastcancer.about.com/od/types/p/idc.htm

Are you asking for yourself, or for a loved one or friend? Is there more information I can provide for you?

Anonymous (reply to Diane Porter)

Am asking for my sister,diagnosed with IDC but no sign of lump, but was bleeding from the right breast, please does it mean that it has spread or there is hope.

Have you been tested for BRCA gene mutation?: