What type of function returned after a mid foot fusion?

By Anonymous February 10, 2016 - 5:19pm

I had my talonaviculAR and subtalor bones fused, along with a gastrocnemius release. I am wondering if people have returned jobs that required a lot of walking, standing, climbing stairs, and walking on uneven ground? My surgery was Oct 9th, 2015 and it is now February 10th, 2016. I am in Physical Therapy. I hope to be out of the walking boot (am full weight bearing) by next week, but there is still lots of swelling and I can't walk or stand for very long.

Thank you for your question!

In order to get as much help as possible from readers who have also have foot/ankle surgery, you'll get the most feedback from our active thread here: http://www.empowher.com/community/share/ankle-fusion-i-know-i%E2%80%99m-not-alone

We also hope as many readers as possible read this thread in order for you to get more help.