What is usually tested for when you go to the OBGYN?

By Anonymous February 17, 2015 - 7:37pm

My mom recently took me to the OBGYN (I'm 15) and they ordered a blood and urine test., mainly to check for STDs or STIs. It all came back negative, but what did it test for?

I can't tell you exactly what you were tested for - there is no rule here, as different doctors test for different things. 

But I would assume you were tested for HPV, chlamydia, gonorrhea and possibly genital herpes.   

Anon, you need to ask to see what you were tested for. You have every right to know since you own your own body! Please ask your doctor for a copy of your results. Then you can known what's going on with your own medical tests and body.