What is wrong with my eye?

For about 2 days now I have had this pain not really in my eye but in the lower (and now startin on my upper) eye lid. I know it in not a stye because there is no bump. Also I have been sick (sore throat, head cold) but this is something new. It hurts when I blink hard (like if you were winking) but also comes with shooting pains. I googled it and pink eye is alway the first to pop up but I do not think it is that because my eye is not hurting or red at all. Thanks for any help you guys give!

turns out I have

Thank you for your question!

The eyes can be affected by the common cold or flu, due to the pressure that can be put on the eye. You may also have a possible sinus infection - are you feeling pain or pressure on the side of your face, or all over your eye?

If you are not seeing any discharge or redness then you may not have pink eye and this may be pressure due to a head cold. However, if it gets worse, it may be the sinus infection I talked about before. Give it a few more days to see if it goes away and if not, consider seeing a doctor although many sinus infections go away by themsevles. Unfortunately it can be a rather painful time.

Here is another question like yours, with lots of informative info: http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/why-does-my-lower-eyelid-hurt-when-i-blink

Let me know if this helps!

Thanks Susan! It may just be my sinus. Althought I feel no pressure in my eye. It really hurts in the lower left corner of my bottom eyelid. When I press on the outter side of my eye I dont feel pressure. I will give it a few days (unless it get worse) and will see what happens.

Eyes & Vision

Eyes & Vision Guide