Q: 

Whats the chances of getting pregnant if I've had unprotected sex a week - two weeks before my period

By Anonymous April 28, 2017 - 7:23pm

Ok so tonight me and this lad had unprotected sex... He didn't expect to ejaculate however he did whilst he was still in me... I'm due on my period in 1-2 weeks... What are the chances that I could get pregnant?

Guide

Hello, Anon.

Thank you for your post.

The highest risk of pregnancy is during the second and third weeks of the menstrual cycle. While a normal cycle is considered anywhere between 21 and 35 days, the average is about 28 days. Ovulation (the time when a woman is fertile) occurs mid-month, this averages to day 14 every month give or take several days before and after. If a woman has unprotected sex around this time, she may get pregnant.

Helena