What's going on?

I am on birth control. I take them correctly. Today I had some reddish pinkish stuff on the toilet paper when I wiped with some tiny bright red specks. Could this have been implantation bleeding?

You don't ovulate when you take your pills correctly so you can't get pregnant. This can't be implantation bleeding unless you are one of the few who get pregnant while on the pill.

It could signal your period coming if you are finishing up your month of pills or it could simply be spotting - that happens to some women on the pill and is generally nothing to worry about.