What's going on? Am I pregnant?

Me and my husband are trying to have a baby. We have sex regularly, and my last period was on July 18th and it ended on the 23rd of July. I cramped worse than I ever had. It is now Aug 29th and I still haven't started my period. I have no symptoms--no sore breasts, no morning sickness..nothing. On the 19th of Aug I went to my friend who has worked with a GYN and she gave my an ultra sound and we saw nothing. Could I be pregnant? I know it's not stress because I am not stressing myself out over this or anything else for that matter. Or could this just be my body is going crazy. I'm young, so I don't know why I couldn't be pregnant.

Found out that the blood was from my husband, because he is not circumsized and he cut himself, so we're refraining from sex until he is healed, but I've been cramping so I guess that means I'm getting ready to start my period, I'm also ovulating which sucks because we can't have sex at the moment. So we're just going to wait..

Okay so my last period was on Sept 1 and we've been trying to have a baby still...I still haven't started my period but every test says negative, then me and my husband were having sex, and blood came out, I thought i started my period, but I haven't been cramping or anything. The blood looked like period blood--bright red and it had a little chunk in it--probably a clot. But after that, nothing no more blood. I didn't put in a tampon because i didn't know for sure, and still nothing has came out since. I'm a little worried.

(reply to jaimiecastro)

Hi Jaimie,
Good to hear that you did have a period in September 1st, so that is a good baseline to start from.

I would not continue to take pregnancy tests, as you may drive yourself crazy (I am speaking from experience), as it sounds like you are taking multiple tests each week.

Your current period may be a week or two late; this is completely normal and is not an indicator of anything wrong. It is also not an indicator of pregnancy necessarily, even though I know it is really bad timing to have a late period when you are trying to conceive. Since today is only October 10th, your cycle is still within the normal range. However, since you had unusual bleeding, and this seems like it has been occurring for some time (irregular periods, etc), it may be time to call a gynecologist and have a medical exam. It is actually great timing, so you can make sure your body and hormones are healthy so that you are able to conceive.

Can you let us know when you call the doctor?

hey not to be rude, but dont comment on my page because this was meant for me, and MY problem, I dont need my email blowing up because someone commented on this...Im sorry..

And my friend is pregnant and she's having heart burn...so it could be it..but Im not pregnant so I dunno..

HERWriter Guide (reply to jaimiecastro)

I'm sorry about that, threadjacking does occur but I'm sure our other reader didn't meant to take your place!

kimmy feel free to post your own question on a new thread but you can test as soon as 5 days before you expect your period. If you have more questions, start a new thread and we'll be happy to help you - thanks!

ok I have a question! I am currently on the bc pill.I missed a pill in week 1 and 4 pills in week 2 due to me having the flu..the bf and i had sex shortly after the missed pills but we used a condom..well the condom broke and about a week later i had what i thought was my period...only it was alot lighter and shorter than usual.Since about a week and a half ago I have been having all kinds of symptoms..my breasts are sore,im unusually tired..i can sleep 10 hrs..wake up and 3 hrs later need a nap! I have excessive heartburn..everything seems to cause this lately and i have been experiencing some hot flashes and waves of nausea..could i be pregnant?? when should i test? thanks

Turns out that I was not pregnant, me and my husband are both in the military and I had to go to the doctor to get on profile- If i was pregnant. They did a urine test and drew blood, and I was not pregnant, so i have no idea why on earth my test showed positive.

HERWriter Guide (reply to jaimiecastro)

Hi again jamie

Thanks so much for the update.

I'm sorry you are not pregnant (I think you were hoping to be?) - I have no idea why you got a false positive- that's very rare/impossible unless the test was defective or you mistakenly saw a second line. Since only pregnancy hormones trigger that second line - you have to be pregnant to get it.

How did that cramping and spotting you talked about go? Did it stop or continue for a while?

Please update me again, when you can. I look forward to hearing from you,

Now I am cramping more, and earlier I spotted just a little it scared me because I thought I could be starting my period--or worse. It feels like period cramps mixed with a belly ache. So I am not sure whats going on, but I've already missed my period.

Jaimie Castro

HERWriter Guide (reply to jaimiecastro)

Hi again jaimiecastro,

You may have implantation spotting. This is literally 'spotting' - not a flow of blood.

I know you are scared of a miscarriage. This can and does happen quite often but as long as you are just having some spotting, you should be ok. There is nothing you can do right now, only monitor your situation. It sounds like all is well for now but keep me posted, ok?