what's going on with my menstrual cycle?

By Anonymous December 13, 2015 - 8:13pm

I'm 16 years old. I haven't had sex in about 6 months. I have an app that tracks my period and it's pretty much accurate. my period, according to the, is 4 days late which is really weird. but I woke up a morning and there was blood on my pantie so I assumed it was my period so I put on a tampon and went about my day. about 2 hours later, I wanted to take a shower so I took out the Tampon and there was no blood. I'm a little worried because i haven't had any intercourse in 6 months so how could I be pregnant but this is a little strange to me.

Pregnancy should not be an issue here (and I assume you are fully protected when you have sex). It sounds like you may have had a hormonal upset that is causing your period to be different this month. It may become more heavy in the next day or two. Body chemistry can change for no reason. See what happens this month and next month and if you don't get a period, see your doctor.