Q: 

What's going on with my menstrual cycle? Could I be pregnant and still have bleeding?

By May 1, 2012 - 6:58am

I am 32 and have 3 children. I am not on any birth control and my periods are always on a 28 day cycle. They are always heavy with a lot of clotting and last between 4-6 days. On 4/2/12 I started what I figured was my period but it was really light. My husband and I also had sex the same day with a possibility of an "oops." I prepared for a heavy flow with a pad and it didn't get anything on it all day. I only had blood when I wiped. It wasn't as light as spotting but I have never had such a light period. The next morning it was pinkish brown when I wiped. Halfway through the day it was completely gone. I never had that happen before. I did a bunch of searching online and it sounded like implantation bleeding. I didn't want to freak out so I said I would wait until my next period to see. Now I did notice that I didn't have any cramps or tender breasts at all this "period(?)," which is strange because I also get really bad cramps and sore breasts every month. That was actually really nice for a change. The day after it was over I started having sort of period-like cramps for 10 days straight with no period. I was about to call the doctor because it was so weird, but then it stopped. On 4/28/12 I had spotting no cramps or sore breasts. One time I wiped and it was very small amount of pink tinged with just a little bit of brown streaks. It was only one time that day and one time the next day 4/29/12. Then nothing else until about 1 pm the next day 4/30/12. I actually went to WalMart and bought a pregnancy test and as I was walking out the door to leave and I felt the period starting feeling. So I haven't used it yet. I am now having that really light flow period like I had on 4/2/12 but have some cramping now. It is 5/1/12 and still having this really light period. All of this is very unusual and I have never ever had anything like this before. I was excited for a minute thinking I might be pregnant (even though I am not really trying to get pregnant) but now I am worried something is wrong "down there." Has this happened to anybody else? Any advise? I have a doctor appointment later this week but I am worried.

Anonymous

Hello I had a period on the 10th of Sept last 5 days but I only bleed when I wiped nothing on pad put a tampon in and all I got was what looked like old blood or end of period blood.. On the last day of Sept I began to spot again for 2 days only when I wipe of course n it was stop n go. I was suppose to have my period Oct 8th but it was a No show 4 days missing come the 12th I began to spot bleed again nothing on pad tampon brown pink when I wipe.. Took a hpt twice both r negative?

Hello Anon

Have you been having unprotected sex?
A blood test or scan at the doctors office is a good idea to fully rule out pregnancy. If negative, talk to your doctor about the changes in your cycle.

Anonymous

I had my period august 31 then September 9 I had sex and I was having pregnancy symptoms and today September 28 I got my period but it's weird bcuz it looks light and when I wipe off it's there but there's nothing in my pad and I have cramps but I don't feel them is this normal?

Anonymous

Hello, I'm a 30 year old woman and my cycle came on the 25th of last month (August) then on the 18th of September I went to use to restroom and wiped myself and saw blood. I thought it was my cycle starting so I put on a pad and went to work! Throughout my shift I would go to the restroom and use it to see I needed to change and nothing was on the pad. But when I wipe its brownish blood. What does this mean?

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing.

Is there any way you could be pregnant? Is so, take a test. If not. you may have hormonal changes this month that is causing this.

Hello today I was suppose to start my cycle I'm just getting off the implant in July and aug 22 I had a period and sep 20th in all today I had nothing Into now I only see blood when I wipe but nearly on the pad

Hello Anon

Thank you for writing.

Anonymous

Hi im wondering if anyone has any suggestions...
I had unprotected sex 4 times about 2 week ago... since then ive had backaches all the time, sometimes really noticable and ive either been more tired or cant sleep... i was supposed to start my period on the 21st of this month but its now the 25th and i havent had any show apart from a small amount of light pinkish bleeding and thats only been once... the veins on my breasts seem to be more noticable to me and i have a feeling my breasts have enlarged, ive had a blood test done but got no results back yet. Any ideas?

Anonymous

Hi i had a protected sex in April 14th. After that i had my regular period in the month of April. After that i have my periods with 13 days late that is on 12th june. In the month of July i find some drops for two days on 14th july.This month i did't get my periods. If there any chance of being pregnant.

Are you asking if you could be pregnant from protected sex in April? If you have had periods since then you can't be pregnant but a test will let you know for sure.

Tags: