What's a good medicine for coughing? I been coughing since Saturday

By July 3, 2015 - 1:23am

I saw a doctor and said that it's allergies and told me to take Claritin. I been taking Claritin but it doesn't helps. I feel that it's worst at night because I cough a lot and can't sleep. I also took Nyquil but it didn't helped. I'm also on birthcontrol pills and I dont want to take a lot of meds because I'm afraid I won't be protected anymore.

Hello Dayane,

If your doctor has confirmed that your coughing is allergy-related, a cough suppressant may work for you. I cannot prescribe any medication, so please check with your physician.

Allergies Guide