whats happening

By January 5, 2011 - 11:29am

About a 2 weeks ago i had my period, and a week ago my vagina was hurting and sore it felt tight like i had a tampon still in there i searched it and checked the inside of my vagina there was nothing there , but then i got a mirror and looked down there and there was these little white pieces that kinda look like wet pieces of toilet paper , i thought it was a yeast infection but my mom told me it would itch like crazy but it wasnt itching, i bought some vagisil cream and it helped with the burning. I was able to wipe the white stuff off but i keep seeing a little bit of it on the inside of my vagina and today i'm havin a white clearish milky discharge.. I'm not implieing this to be a yeast infection because the white stuff is easily wiped off and from internet pictures this looks nothing like a yeast infection.. please tell me whats going on . I also have had sexual intercourse with new condoms i've never used before ... could this be causing irritation ?

Hi express2522

You may have a yeast infection (they are often itchy but this is not the case all the time. Some women only find out they have a yeast infection when they have a pelvic exam).

It also may be that you left all or part of a tampon inside you (you may have gotten some out but not all) and this means you should visit your doctor. It's surprising how often they see this (some women even put a tampon in, forgetting there is one in already) and it can be sorted out in less than a minute at your doctor's office.

It's also possible you may have another kind of infection.

Since you are mid way through your cycle, the discharge you are seeing is likely to be cervical mucus - something very common during ovulation.

But whatever is going on with the pieces of paper or cotton, I think it's time for a visit to the doctor so you can get an explanation and treatment, if necessary.

Will you do this and let us know?

My mom is gonna get me the over the counter medicine for a yeast infection. If it doesnt help we are gonna go to the doctor. I'll let you know what happens.