What's Inside?

By April 24, 2013 - 10:23am

Hi, There is something I'm wondering about which is when you have ovarian cyst I know the inside is fluids. I want to know does the fluids have bacteria, infection, germs, etc.? Does the fluids have anything like this? Please let me know.

Thank You,

A cyst may contain lymphatic fluids, blood, fat, proteins, anything biological per se. But it's important that you consult a physician for this, they might prescribed a biopsy for it.

(reply to Anonymous)

Hi, I am seeing a GYN for this and she is monitoring me for this whole matter. There is such thing as biopsy for ovarian cyst? I didn't know.

Oh I see okay. Thank you for letting me know.

Hi Melissa

It depends on the cyst but the liquid can include pus, blood, or semi-solid materials made by the body. Unless there is some kind of infection in the cyst, there should be no infectious materials in there.

Ovarian Cysts

Ovarian Cysts Guide