What's up with my periods?!

By October 28, 2013 - 9:48am

I took my last orth try cyclen pill on September 7, 2013, started period on Sept 11, started spotting on Sept 26-Oct 8(started reg period-I guess). Stayed on for Oct 13, then off for 5 or so days, Started again on 10/19/13, 10/28/13 started having period symtoms ....what is going on with me..been having unprotected sex since Oct 23.

I started my period on oct 28 2013 and it only lasted around 4 or so days. I've never actually counted my ovulation cycle (I found out at 17 yrs old [now 29 years old] I was pregnant and instead of trying to fig out when I ovulate I've always took my son being born as all I need to know.... Like, yes you do ovulate And yes you can get pregnant ;)) but even though I've never calculated my cycles days, I do know that I usually start my period on the same day or 1 day after the date of my previous cycle.

Which brings me to the October 28, 2013 , 4 day long period.... I always have a fairly short one (4-5 days tops), I can usually tell that I will be starting within 2-3 days tops due to one single day as early as 3 days before starting that I wake up in the worst mood and turn into a mega bitch and literally will hate people I love on that day! It is December 2, 2013 and I am yet to start my period and as far as normal symptoms before starting, there are none. I did have unprotected sex on October 30, and have since then a few times with November 20th 2013 being my last unprotected sex session.

I don't want to jump the gun and freak myself out, causing myself to stress and make my period late, and I don't want to take a test for it to say negative but still not have a period yet either bc that too will stress me out possibly causing same effect to see not preg but wonder why still no period or wonder if I really am preg and just not far enough along for test to pick up, etc. I'm a worry wort Incase you haven't noticed.

I guess I am wanting to know is when would I probably have my period if you had to calculate it based on the dates and facts I've mentioned?

Thanks for your message!

We don't normally try to calculate anyone's cycle for them because that is something the person herself needs to do and since our cycles can vary even by a day or two every month (or more!) we'd probably be wrong anyway!

If you have not tested for pregnancy yet, please do as going by a rough estimate - you should have your period by now.

Can you give us an estimate? I hope you get the answer you want!

Hi Jealousmom

When you say you took your last pill, does this mean for that particular cycle or for good?

Since you said you have been having unprotected sex, I will assume you are off it completely.

What is likely going on it that your cycle is readjusting itself now that it is (synthetically) hormone free. It may take a couple of months for your cycle to get back to normal.

However, pregnancy is also a possibility so you can test if you don't get your period when expected - a proper period, rather than spotting. Don't take a test now, since you have only been having unprotected sex for a few days. You need to give it at least two weeks.

Did this information help?