Whats wrong with me? Am I depressed or vitamin deprived?

I have NO motivation & always tired. I feel if I get 7 or more hours of sleep I can’t wake up all day. But, if I only get 3 or 4 hours of sleep a night I’m a bit more energetic. Even with the 3-4 hours of sleep there’s still no motivation. I have to force myself to get things done. I don’t want to always rely on coffee.
I’m 31 years old, 5’7” tall & 120 lbs. I’m young & not overweight. But I definitely don’t feel my age. I get most of my “Real” energy in the evening and have to force myself to go to bed at night when my 2 kids go to bed.

So my question is Am I depressed or lacking a certain vitamin in my diet to feel this way? I’m sick of feeling this way!

Thank you, Happy to have found a great website with great insight.
As far as my diet is concerned, I tend to eat more healthy items. Such as yogurts, almonds, fruits & veggies and try to follow the “Rainbow” of colors to eat. Exercise-I have a 10 & 8 year old boys who are very involved in sports. When I’m not running them to sports I’m trying to juggle them at home.
After reading your links. I think its safe to assume to cancel out Postpartum depression only because of the ages of my children. However, after reading the 2nd link of depression, sadly it fits the bill. The lack of interest, emotional, and life.
Guessing next stage in life is to set up a time to see my Dr.
Thank you Susan-This definitely did shine light on the situation. I’m tired of feeling this way & I think my family is too.
Thank you again.

Thanks for your update.

How can we help you to get help? Do you have a primary care physician you can talk to?

Rather than just medication, I think talk therapy would be really good for you. That's often the best combination, or just therapy alone.

Can you start this process? Can we help in any way?

Thanks for your post and welcome!

Your symptoms of fatigue could mean many things. They could mean you have a bad diet but instead of vitamins, you should work on changing your diet if this is the case with you. A varied, fresh and unprocessed diet is the healthiest. Can you let us know your diet and exercise regime?

You may have a form of depression. Perhaps post-partum depression that have gone undiagnosed. How old are your children? Please take a look at our post-partum depression page and see if you see signs that may be applicable to you. The second link is for general depression:

Please let me know if this shines some light on things with you or if we can help you in any other way!