What's wrong with my period?

By Anonymous December 11, 2014 - 2:51pm

I always have a light period that usually lasts 3-4 days, sometimes I cramp and get back aches, sometimes I don't. I'm also regular, and I'm 18, if that helps.
I started my period yesterday morning, and by the evening I had stopped bleeding, but I was experiancing reaaaallyy bad back aches (worse than usual), and then it slowly went away only to be replaced by bad cramps (also worse than usual)
Today I bled a little, but barely anything on my pad.
Is it uncomon for situations like this to happen and am I worrying for nothing? Or could something be wrong?

If you period is generally on time and three to four days long, I would not be concerned about this month. 

You may be having a light, intermittent period for some random reason this month. Reasons can be stress or a simple hormonal shift that many women have throughout their cycles. It is not an indication that something is wrong - just that your body chemistry is changing, along with you. 

I suspect your period will get back to normal. If it's not normal (ie - not what you usually have) then consider mentioning it to your doctor but I think you're fine. 

Thank you very much!