What's your secret weapon to turn around a down day?

By October 15, 2008 - 9:35am

We all have them. Days in which you start out on the wrong side of the bed, or people at work are in a bad mood, or you have tons more to do than you have hours in the day and you're feeling the stress so much that by the middle of the day you're ready to pull out your hair!

I suppose one coping skill would be to go home and pull the blanket over your head, LOL. But since that's probably not a viable option, what do you do to turn around a tough day?

A superfood snack?
A cup of tea? (what kind?)
A certain playlist on your mp3?

Spill! Tell your secrets. We can never have too much ammunition against a bad day.

Sometimes a bad day is just that and we can't wait to call it a day and hope tomorrow is better.

But most times, we need to turn it around, especially if we are going home to a house full of people who depend on you, and whose happiness often depends on yours.

A workout is a good way to de-stress. So is writing down how you feel. Write it out and address what's bothering you and address it to the person who is bothering you! Get it all down, the bad and the ugly and it feels good! Then delete it!!

A nice meal or a glass of wine is good too, as long as neither are over done. A bubble bath with a good book or magazine.

I climb into my 4 year old son's bed every evening at his bedtime and we talk about the day we've had. There are times we've laughed so hard that we've disturbed his little sisters!

Sex. You'll feel better. So will your partner!

Some people feel really good after prayer or a church service.

Some (like me) feel good after they have cleaned their home. That de-stresses me straight away although my friends think it's a bit weird...

Movies, music or surfing the net can ease tensions for many.

When you think about it, there are hundreds of ways to feel better, if you've had a rotten day.