When can I start walking after breaking my pelvis?

By Anonymous April 2, 2015 - 3:11pm

I'm 19 years old. I was in a bad car accident on Valentine's day, I was t-boned. I broke my pelvis in 8 places, tailbone and clavicle. I have absolutely no pain anymore, I barely take my pain medicine now. I've tried walking quite a few times and it feels perfect, no pain whatsoever. I know i'm not suppose to be walking on it but I am sick of using a wheelchair and a walker. Anyone who has broke their pelvis, how soon did you start walking again?

I'm sorry to know of your accident and glad to know you survived. 

If you are feeling well enough to walk and are pain free, what is stopping you? Have you been told not to walk yet? Is someone telling you that you should not be walking yet? 

Are you in physical therapy?

Please get back in touch with us with more information so we can help you more-