When can I take a pregnancy test?

I know the right time to take the test was 3-5 days after a missed period, but problem is I don't know when my period is due. If I "were" 7 weeks pregnant all this time, are the hormones high enough for a test?

As soon as a woman misses her period, a pregnancy test would be accurate. At this time, if pregnant, she would be 5 weeks along. Pregnancy is timed from the last period a woman has had.

If you think you may be about 7 weeks, a test would certainly be accurate.

Has this helped you?

Thank you Susan! will the hormones be high enough to detect even if i don't take the test first thing in the morning?

Hi again Anon!

Yes, your pregnancy hormone (hcg) should be high then. These days it doesn't really matter what time of day you test; pregnancy tests are much better now and will pick up the hormone whether it's morning or evening.

Good luck, I hope you get the result you are looking for - let us know, ok?!