when is it safe to take flagyl during pregnancy?

I am 10 weeks pregnant and have been spotting and bleeding since 7 weeks. I've had several ultrasound with good growth of baby, heart beat, and rising HCG. However, no one has been able to explain why I continue to spot and bleed. I am thinking I may have bacterial vaginosis since I have suffered with this quite often in the past. So, I am considering asking my OB-GYN for a script for Flagyl. So, I am wondering if it is safe to take the Flagyl in the first trimester?

Welcome to EmpowHER.  You will need to ask your OBGYN, when will it be best for you to take any medication prescribed by your doctor.