When should I expect my period after taking Next Choice?

By November 6, 2010 - 3:53pm

After having a mishap with what we were using, my boyfriend and I decided to use back up. About 6 hours after the incident, I took Next Choice, the generic form of Plan B. About 16 hours later, I took the second pill. Three days later, I started spotting, which turned into what seemed like a normal period for me (2 weeks early!) Should I still expect my regular period in 2 weeks, or has my schedule been adjusted due to the pills?

Yes, irregular periods for the next couple months will be normal.
For more information, please review these articles: Emergency Contraception Update, 2010
Best of luck,

I took the Next Choice Pills last Sunday (9th of January) and it has been exactly one week to the day and I started bleeding. Is this normal?

Hi Chrissy,
After taking Plan B (or generic brand) it is very common to have irregular periods for a couple months after taking the emergency contraceptive. For more information, please review these articles: Emergency Contraception Update, 2010.

I hope this helps,

Can't Find Something?

ASK Moderation Guidelines