When will the marks from my pityriasis rosea peel/fade?

I was diagnosed with PR in mid/late-June and the worst of it stopped after the first week of July. Now the marks are dry, brown, and widened. They don't get angry red or itchy after hot showers anymore, and I've diligently rubbed coconut oil onto my rash afterwards, but the marks slow to fade/peel. How long is this stage before the marks disappear? Is there anything I can do to help along this process?? I hate my body because it just looks so gross with all the discoloration...

Hi aoa95

Thanks for reaching out to us with your concerns!

I can feel your pain when it comes to not having the skin you want and the pain/itch and general discomfort that comes along with it.

Keep using coconut oil, I hear that helps a lot (I use it on my hair) and for someone it could take another few months to see some healing. For others it could be just a few more weeks. Unfortunately there is no real way to know.

Check out our active thread on this topic here, you'll get lots of help from readers going thorough the same thing : http://www.empowher.com/community/ask/how-do-i-know-when-pityriasis-rosea-healing

Pityriasis Rosea