when would be a good time to take a pregnancy test?

By Anonymous November 18, 2014 - 4:49am

My last real period was Oct 13. Of course my partner and I have had unprotected sex a few times since. On Nov 7th I started cramping but lightly spotting for a few days, not enough to fill a pad or tampon. Since about the 12th I've started with nausea, fatigue & frequent urination. My next period wasn't scheduled to start until Nov 15th which obviously hasn't happened. I took a couple of pregnancy test last week and they both were negative. When should I retest?

Last week may have been too early but if you were due three days ago then a test would be accurate by now. 

I retested a few hrs after your reply & got another negative. Maybe I should retest by the end of the week?

Hi again Anon,

I think that spotting you had was probably a very light period and that you aren't pregnant. A test would be positive by now although you can test anytime you like. But I  think you're now in your next cycle.