Otosclerosis

Otosclerosis Guide

ask: Where is the best doctor in AZ to do a revision stapedtecomy.

By MISSY7

MISSY7

I have done quite a bit of reading on the net about the surgery. My concern is going into the ear for a second time. I know success rate is lower, but I also fear total hearing loss and vertigo. The thought of vertigo is very scary. I am older but live an active life. Play golf, etc. Thanks for all comments.

Jenny Housh HERWriter

Hi Missy7,

I suffer from tinnitus and high-frequency hearing loss caused by problems within my inner ear. I went to many ENT docs in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area before heading to the Mayo clinic. 

Although i'm not sure if the doctor I went to does this procedure, he is the one I settled on in the end:

http://www.mayoclinic.org/biographies/barrs-david-m-m-d/bio-20054456

I know you have to request an appointment and go through an approval process to go to the Mayo clinic, but this should help point you in the right direction. 

I encourage you to contact me (via the EmpowHER messaging system) if you need any other information (or if you'd like to chat more about this). 

Hi Missy7

It's impossible to say who is the very best at anything but I did ask some medically well-connected Arizonians from our website if they can help so hopefully we will hear something soon.  We are working to help you at the moment. 

One thing you can do in the meantime is check out all board certified surgeons in this field and read about their education and experience as well as reviews. You can also see if any complaints have been made. 

Try starting here: https://www.azmd.gov/GLSPages/DoctorSearch.aspx

Have you made inquiries to your own doctors?